Sunday, August 19, 2012

White Hot Summer

Ladies, step away from the bodycon dress. Back away from the bandage skirt. Like, seriously, let's have a conversation about this. When, as a population, will we be over this trend? Can we at LEAST agree to cool it down, a bit? Let's try moving forward. Keep your options open. Maybe you can limit your bodycon attire to days that only start with the letter "T" or something. I once read a quote that I really thought rang true. Oh, here it is, "Men are attracted to confidence more than tits, ass, or face. There's nothing sexier than a woman who refuses to give a fuck." That is all. 

SOOOO...I don't know about YOU, but I really love the subtle sexy-ness of a shift dress lately. Feels so fresh and effortless. And not quite so...sucked, tucked, and squeezed in, if ya know what I mean. I got this satin white shift dress with neon bead embellishments at a vintage shop in Long Beach a couple weeks ago and I've been wearing it non-stop because honestly, it's TOO DAMN HOT to wear anything else. As much as I am REALLY ready for Fall dressing, I have decided to live it up in summer styles while I still can. (Regardless of the season, I always end up bored, sartorially speaking.) A bevy of bangles, glam costume jewelry, and a lady bug headscarf had me feelin' like a 60's pool party sun goddess. Just mah-velous. 

Vintage Dress and scarf. American Eagle pumps. F21 Bracelets. Haus of Ladjevardi earrings.  

PS- I nominated my gorgeous BFF to be the cover girl of a Local OC Magazine called Locale. If you have say, 8 seconds to spare, click right here and vote for Leah. It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment