Monday, April 15, 2013

Coachella: Social Media Circle Jerk in the Desert

Chelsea Fowler of Pardon My Fashion zebra skirt angora sweater gemini top thrifted vintage converse all stars
Obviously, the root of all great advertising lies in making you feel inadequate in some way. (All the fun is happening somewhere else! You’re not sexy/smart/cool enough!) So how about a big BRA-VO to the social media circle jerk in the desert that was Coachella weekend numero uno. This big ass advertising campaign masked as a “noveau-hippie” music festival is the stuff of Freud and Bernay’s wet dreams. A whole Instagram/Twitter feed featuring a smorgasbord of visuals to remind yourself how utterly lame you are in comparison to the members of the uber-cool club. And here’s what’s really innovative: Our peers are delivering the message. Consumers trust social media, after all it’s made up of “real people”. And social media’s got what every brand pines for: a feeling of genuine authenticity. In a world where everyone is for sale and branding is a way of life…are humans the advertising medium of the future? #TrustNoOne

PS- I’m not hating, simply observing. I WISH I could have spent the weekend at Coachella! I die to see Grimes and RHCP. And I would have been 'gramming it up. But don't even get me started on the whole "festival fashion" thing...vomit. JK. We'll  save that topic for weekend #2 ;)

PPS- Moving on from the 90's and rocking an early 2000's zebra skirt. I can so see XTina rockin this. 

Thrifted angora sweater. Vintage Lil Gemini top. Thrifed zebra skirt. Converse All Stars.

Until next time,

Chelsea

Chelsea Fowler of Pardon My Fashion zebra skirt angora sweater gemini top thrifted vintage converse all starsChelsea Fowler of Pardon My Fashion zebra skirt angora sweater gemini top thrifted vintage converse all starsChelsea Fowler of Pardon My Fashion zebra skirt angora sweater gemini top thrifted vintage converse all starsChelsea Fowler of Pardon My Fashion zebra skirt angora sweater gemini top thrifted vintage converse all stars

No comments:

Post a Comment