Monday, March 4, 2013

Wicked Sweetness

How utterly ethereal is my new dress? Pure as untouched snow, spattered with dainty yellow flowers; it feels angelic. Almoooooost…except that when the sunlight catches that sheer, gauzy cotton at just the right angle it becomes nearly transparent and you can faintly see the silhouette of a woman’s body underneath. Very cheeky. Reminds me of something the Libson girls would wear in Sophia Coppola’s “Virgin Suicides”. Based on the novel by Jeffrey Eugenides, “Virgin Suicides” tells of the events surrounding the five unexpected suicides of five blonde-haired, blue-eyed sisters in an upper-middle class neighborhood in suburban Detroit during the 1970’s. (Watch it…it’s on instant view.) So I was reading something online this weekend that referenced the film, and it described the Libson girls as having a “wicked sweetness”. I don’t remember the article or why I was reading it…ya know how you end up like, down the Wikipedia rabbit hole sometimes? (Is that just me…?) Anyways, that combination of two seemingly random words strung together really stuck with me; “Wicked Sweetness”. Now there's a girl I wanna know. I’m not usually one to be sartorially inspired by the written word, but “wicked sweetness” conjured up a little fantasy in my head that I decided to portray in today’s look. Nailed it?

Vintage dress. Theory booties. Vintage Hat. F21 choker.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment