Monday, May 20, 2013

A Hopeless Fashion Romantic



Between my pending nuptials, Chelsea’s big move on August 1st, and reading the Grace Coddington memoir; I have found myself seeking the familiar and comforting solace of fashion these days to ease my nerves and provide a sense of calm during these crazy times. While I am sometimes highly critical of the industry, and all the players in it, at the end of the day it’s only because I love it. I am a hopeless fashion romantic. Head-over-heels in l-o-v-e. Typically, I am all about moving forward, constantly asking “What’s new? What’s next? Where are we headed?” But lately all I want to do is slooooooow time down. Really relish the little moments instead of constantly casting my focus to what’s coming around the corner. Sartorially speaking, focusing on the feeling more than a trend. Listening to my heart over my head while getting dressed to go out on a Friday night, I suddenly found myself shooting zombies and riding in some VERY bouncy motion simulators with Chels (and her bouncy boobs) at Dave and Buster’s on Friday night- all while dressed in this modern day princess ensemble. You know what they say, “All the world’s a stage editorial, and all the men and women merely players.” That's how I read it, anyways ;) 

Vintage jacket. Vintage dress. F21 shoes.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment