Friday, May 10, 2013

Louis Vuitton Wanna-Be

Brittany Fowler of Pardon My Fashion wears a vintage yellow dress louis vuitton knockoff and red beret and vintage white pumps

This amazing vintage dress I picked up for $5 is slightly reminiscent of the Louis Vuitton checkered “it” dress of the season, no? For now it’s as close as I can get to actually owning one of those amazingly brilliant dresses that descended down the escalator during the label’s Spring 2013 show, and has since been spotted in every editorial...ever. (Checkers are in. We get it.) Still…a girl can dream, right? But, as I was poring through the pages (ads) of Vogue last night, dreaming about the day when my closet would be filled to the brim with “real deal” Louis (instead of a thrifted wanna-be) and Prada and Marc and McQueen and Wang…I realized that I was actually annoying myself. Because you know what I find frustrating? The fact that advertising and the media seems to have tricked us into thinking we are all just “temporarily broke millionaires”. I mean, aren’t you? Don’t you one day plan on being, well…rich? Sure you do. I did. But I decided to get over myself and stop being a temporarily broke millionaire and just be a person instead; a person who is content with the present. Being happy and head-over- heels in loooove with my wanna-be Louis Vuitton dress is just my way of sticking it to the man, ya know? And also like, I don’t think I can hang with the 1% club…cuz they seem kiiiiiiinda douchey; albeit very well-dressed and LOADS of fun to party with. (My accusation of douche-baggery is based solely on my new Love-To-Hate-It blog: Rich Kids of Instagram.)

Vintage dress. Vintage pumps. Target hat.

Until next time,

Brittany

Brittany Fowler of Pardon My Fashion wears a vintage yellow dress louis vuitton knockoff and red beret and vintage white pumpsBrittany Fowler of Pardon My Fashion wears a vintage yellow dress louis vuitton knockoff and red beret and vintage white pumpsBrittany Fowler of Pardon My Fashion wears a vintage yellow dress louis vuitton knockoff and red beret and vintage white pumpsBrittany Fowler of Pardon My Fashion wears a vintage yellow dress louis vuitton knockoff and red beret and vintage white pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment