Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bad Girls Do It Well

Like Chelsea, I can never quite nail down exactly what my style is. But I DO know this: I’ve always been attracted to things that are a bit...naughty; if you will. Driving a little too fast. Drinking a little too much. Sneaking in...sneaking out. I looooove to test just how much I can push back up against “the rules” and what I can get away with. Just for shits and gigs...I mean I’m not gonna go all Dexter on your ass and see if I can get away with murder. Ew...FREAKY! I just like playing these little games with myself for my own entertainment, ya know? I ain’t hurtin’ no one....promise. My general tomfoolery and naughty tendencies have definitely influenced my sartorial choices over the years. (Can you find the pair of tits hiding in my ensemble?) Everything needs to have an edge; an air of mystery. Style is a way of communicating to others without saying a single word, and I like when people can convey an attitude of, “You may think you know...but you have no idea.” Like they’re hiding something...but what is it? This is why I have never thought of people who simply strive to look perfect all the time as terribly...stylish. There’s no message behind it. Perfection has nothing to say, no story to tell. I mean don’t get me wrong; perfect looks very...nice. But lemme tell you; nice has got nothing on naughty ;)

Vintage suede trimmed sweater. Vintage zombie tee. Vintage houndstooth skirt. H&M beanie. F21 necklace. Target shooties.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment