Saturday, February 16, 2013

High School Cheerleader

In high school I secretly wanted to be a cheerleader...but I never was. Today I decided to live out my high school fantasy by wearing my interpretation of a high fashion, high school cheerleading uniform. (Complete with my hot quarterback BF’s varsity jacket!) Aw damn, isn’t that a great idea for an editorial? Your stereotypical high school social circles interpreted through a stylized eye. The band geeks, the stoner kids, the brains, the jocks, the populars...you know, the usual line up. When I was in High School, everyone wanted to be popular. It was all about how many zillions of BFF’s you had, how many parties you could conceivably attend in a single Friday night, how many Abercrombie and Fitch items you could pile onto your body at once, and just how stick straight you could flat iron that long and (poorly) highlighted hair. This was the epitome of “cool” during my days in high school...and everyone wanted in. I don’t know what’s been going on since graduation day, but it seems that younginz these days want nothing to do with “cool” in this traditional sense. Has anyone else noticed this strange phenomenon? Is unpopular the new popular? Like, for example, if “She’s All That” (My fave movie in HS) were re-released in theaters today, Laney Boogs wouldn’t need a makeover OR FPJ’s help to become Prom Queen! She’d be ruling the school just the way she was! A bohemian-hipster chick with wayfarer glasses who’s about to go off to art school in NYC...I always knew you were just ahead of your time, Laney ;)

Vintage bomber jacket. Custom vintage crop top. Vintage skirt. Charlotte Russe pumps.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment