Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thirst for Adventure



Last night Chelsea and I set out on (what was supposed to be) a grand adventure to an abandoned house in da LBC with an empty pool in the backyard where we were hoping to run into some skater bois to shoot around with. Unfortunately, the grand adventure consisted of us meandering the streets of suburbia, aimlessly searching for “The Pink House” that we were ultimately unable to locate and has left both of us with an unscratched itch to go exploring that we must satisfy on some grand adventure this weekend.


I feel that I should put my love of exploring the abandoned into context for you, as it all started when I was quite a youngin. I was that friend with a thirst for adventure and nothing thrilled me more than the risk of getting in trouble. Every Summer me and my gal pals would venture over to our empty Elementary School (where my Mother worked as a teacher, mind you...) and climb up onto the roof. That was our spot; pretty sure at some point we even had lawn chairs up there. We had loads of fun making our friendship bracelets and shouting "get down!" everytime we thought a neighbor from across the street was onto us. When I was 10, I had a massive crush on my neighbor, a big, bad 8th grader at the time. I insisted to my girlfriends that I needed to acquire a pair of his underwear, as proof of my undying love. Like any normal 10 year old girl with a crush, I waited until they were gone, broke into their house via a cracked window, marched upstairs and stole a pair of his whitey tighties right out of his dresser drawer. Wait, what? Breaking and entering is NOT normal behavior for a child, you say? DGAF... I never was cut out for “normal”, anyways ;) 


Vintage dress. Thrift sunnies. F21 necklace. Converse All Stars.

Until next time, 


Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment