Wednesday, September 25, 2013

London Fashion Week Fearne Cotton's S/S14 Launch with Very.co.uk

Dress: MeeMee.com Boots: TK Maxx Hat: Topshop
A few weeks before London Fashion Week was due to kick off an exciting email popped in to my inbox from the lovelies at Very.co.uk, inviting me to the launch of Fearne Cotton’s S/S14 collection. I was over the moon and of course said yes right away!

Fearne is somewhat of an idol in my eyes...everything about her is so effortlessly fabulous and I completely admire how much she has accomplished over the years. When I think of her style I always think casually glamorous - so I tried to encapsulate that in my dress code for the evening. I picked this t-shirt dress from MeeMee.com as I wanted the outfit to be quite simple, but also have a little jazzy, jazzy. You know how much I love black and white and the scallop bottom detailing really makes it for me. When Gizzi Erskine strolled up to me in the reception room and asked where my dress was from I pretty much died on the spot. MeeMee - you are fabulous! 

Needless to say, I was bloody nervous being surrounded with a room full of rather important people however, the event was so well put together and the venue was beautiful, but being hosted in the Ballroom at Claridge’s you wouldn’t really expect anything less.
We were greeted with cocktails and champagne and whilst awkwardly prancing around the likes of Tinchy Stryder, Dionne Bromfield and Tanya Burr I made my way through to the catwalk area ready for the show to begin.

Fearne’s collections are always fun and inspiring and next year’s will be no exception. With bold colours and popping prints here are some of my favourites from the catwalk.
Fearne looked stunning, Chloe Howl’s set was amazing (check out her music if you haven’t already, she’s fabulous) and once I’d managed to get over my nerves I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and felt so privileged to be invited. Thank you so much to Very for giving me the opportunity to view the collection and for organising such a wonderful event!

What do you think of the collection? Is there anything that catches your eye? I for one can't wait for 2014 to role around to get my hands on a few pieces :)

If you want to have a look behind the scenes at the buildup before the show and sneak peaks at the catwalk, you can watch Very's video here (you might even spot my little face behind Stooshe & Lydia Bright!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment