Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dark Triad


Some people have style and some people do not. If you have style, then you know what I’m talking about. Sartorially speaking, some people just “get it”. Other people...just don’t. (I know, it makes me sad too.) But, It’s never really bothered me, because as they say, “to each their own.” Good news is, if your reading this blog, then you are most likely a very stylish individual. (BRAVO!) Did you know that according to some Psychology mumbo-jumbo, us fashion-worshippers possess personality traits known as the “Dark Triad”? (I know, so dark, mysterious, and...cool.) Ah...hold up; that ‘Dark Triad’ thing is actually narcissism, Machiavellianism, and...PSYCHOPATHY. Um, WTF? Lemme get this straight. You’re telling me, old white man, that my creative outlet; my attempt to communicate ideas, concepts, and artistically express myself through the garments that adorn my body makes me a narcisistic, power hungry, psychopath?! The study goes on to say that, “When people high in Dark Triad traits dress-up, they may experience greater increments in self-esteem or derive more satisfaction from the additional attention they receive, compelling them to continue dressing well.” So you’re saying that the increased self esteem and personal satisfaction we derive from our style is actually...a bad thing? Isn’t confidence and self-love like, totally in? I’m no Freud but what exactly is the problem here? Why these psychologists be hatin’ on us?! Do these psychologists consider fashion an art, the way we do? Are painters, writers, designers, musicians, and other creatives considered psychopathic, too?! Read more on this study here, and let me know your thoughts. Or if you feel so inclined, shout off about it on your blog, too...and then send me a link! Us fashionistas gotta stick together, man...

Vintage sweater that I stole from my sister Ashley.Vintage fur stoll. Vintage skirt. Vintage Gucci watch. F21 booties. 

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment