Monday, January 7, 2013

Heart Breaker

You know I’ve always been the kind of girl who was attracted to articles of clothing that bore words on them. Nouns, verbs, adjectives...I don’t discriminate. I mean like, it doesn’t really matter what it says. Fifth grade may be when my obsession took hold. In 5th grade I ironically rocked a Pokemon tee, Pikachu and all. (I never played Pokemon, I simply liked that graphic...this baffled my mother.) In 6th grade , I had two seperate tops that read, “Princess; one in pink glitter and the other in faux white diamonds. In 7th grade I wore a baby pink wife beater printed with the puzzling (to a 13 year old boy) “I’m a Carrie.” In curlz. In 8th grade a I wore a tank whose straps could be untied at the shoulders, that said “Hot and Spicy”, in a Far East (Asian) inspired font, if you will. In high school, my grahic tees took a turn for the commercial, with my messages reading “Hurley”, “Volcom”, and “Billabong”. Even as my taste has (somewhat) matured, I still find myself drawn to those words. I think it’s fun to use them as a prop to tell your fashion story. In this look, I used the kitchy “Heart Breaker” to channel Patricia Arquette as Alabama Whitman in Tarantino’s “True Romance”; with a dash of some 2013 freshness, of course. Wore this out with my boyfriend for drinks at the Memphis Cafe on Saturday night for some true romancin’ of my own...

Macalistaire at 1850 Sequin Blazer. Forever 21 top. Vintage skirt. Theory Boots. F21 Earrings.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment