Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is Man Repelling...Sexy?

How about my new nautical inspired sequin top and suede shorts I scored at Goodwill for $10?! #Winning. So, I saw this quote the other day, on Pinterest of course, and I wanted to share it with you. It said, “Men are attracted to confidence more than tits, ass, or face. There’s nothing sexier than a woman who refuses to give a fuck.” First of all, AMEN. (#AmIRight, ladies? ) But second of all, what does this mean for “Man Repelling”? Is it simply a myth? I have begun to notice that man repelling is actually a very useful tool for weeding out less desirable mates. For instance, one young gentleman recently inquired regarding my sweater, “What is that thing?” I had to explain the whole sort of personal style/self expression thing to him and he just wasn’t quite understanding... Done-Zo. Can’t be having that kinda ‘tude around! Other men, however, will absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, think you are the baddest bitch in the room for wearing even your most man-repelling of ensembles. He’ll be like, “Damn, this girl don’t give a fugg. This girl is fly.” And in a bar of full of bandage skirts, body con dresses, and copious amount of cleavage, you’ll have a subliminal spotlight that shines down on YOU that says, “There is more to me than meets the eye...” And THAT my friends is what sexy is alllllll about ;) (Granted, this is not exactly my most man repelling of ensembles, just something I wanted to get off my chest, ya know?)

Thrifted sequin top. Thrifted Suede shorts. Vintage shoes. (For a grand outfit total of $15...SUCK ON THAT.)

Until next time,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment