Monday, February 11, 2013

No One Invited Me to #NYFW

No one invited me to NYFW. I was kinda under the impression that everyone with a DSLR camera and internet access got an invite? Between all the twittering and instagramming and street styling and after partying and hashtagging and sponsoring and ass kissing going on over there at NYFW; has anyone found time for the fashion? You know...the clothes? People used to love the story of the show, the feeling it left them with. Everyone wondering, “What was that designer trying to communicate to me?” Instead they’re thinking, “Who will photograph me next?!” The fashion part of Fashion Week seems to be getting lost. Maybe it's just social media overload...TMI type thing? Or maybe I’m just old school and need to get with the times. But man, it kills me when I see the entire front row taking in a show through an iPhone! No tea, no shade. I mean shit, I can’t even score an invite. I am but a lowly suburbanite. I wish McQueen was still around to comment on what’s happening in the fashion world right now. I miss him. Anyscrew, my gurl Brooke decided to do a post on what she would be wearing to NYFW (if she were invited!) and I decided that I wanted to do the same. So here I am in all my glory pretending that my boyfriend is Tommy Ton and I am the Street Style queen on everyone's lips. Instead, we went out for drinks at our neighborhood watering hole. I will leave you with a quote from a hopeless fashion romantic like myself, Grace Coddington, “I used to find attending the shows so invigorating and exciting, but [now] you have to be there with blinders on. To cut out all the rubbish that's going on around, where the focus seems to be more on the audience than on the clothes that go down the runway. Any old shit can go down the runway and they all sit there and clap.”

Vintage top. Vintage coat. Vintage sequin skirt. Theory booties. F21 bracelet and necklace. Vintage hat.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment