Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Simplicity With A Wild Side

Life is feeling cluttered lately; full of distractions, unnecessary noise and ya know...shit. My sartorial choices always have a way of reflecting my state of mind and this weekend I needed to zen the eff out, man. My mind subliminally lead me to an uncomplicated, simple, and minimalist silhouette. To me, minimalism is all about stripping away the bullshit, eliminating the non-essentials, and getting back to the basics. Reducing down to the barest form. And when you’ve done that, you’re left with only what is truly important. While simple can sometimes be misinterpreted by us fashionistas to mean “boring”; think of about the importance and the message that "simple" holds in a world filled with deception, fraud, and crookedness. (Ya, I’m talking to you politicians/CEOs.) Simplicity is candid, sincere, honest, and straightforward...it’s so stripped that it has nothing to hide! Isn’t that a refreshing change of pace? Of course, in true Chelsea fashion, I’ve paired my simplistic and minimalistic ensemble with a leopard print shoe...cuz ya know, I’ve still got that wild side that will never be tamed ;)

Thrifted velvet dress. Thrifted cowl neck sweater. Thrifted shoes.

Until next time,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment