Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fashion High



I have recently been suffering from a broken heart. It is the worst. THE. WORST. Have you noticed that heartbreak has a way of creeping into other non-related facets of your life and just making everything seem completely and utterly BLAH? As usual, my outfits have been reflective of my mood: dark, dreary, simple and just kinda meh. I read this quote from Anna Dello Russo once that said, “Reality for me is too tough. Fashion is my escape. Is better than drugs.” So, over the weekend I decided to escape reality and OD on fashion. I just went wild in my closet, I found something to wear that made me feel AWESOME. And ya know, Anna was right, I did feel a little better; in that it kinda just lifted my spirits. For shits sake, who wouldn’t feel awesome in THIS killer combo…#AmIRight?! So now it’s time to write my blog and I’m kinda curious about this whole idea that fashion has the power to alter our state of mind or perhaps even enhance our mood; like it did mine. And in my research, I found this fab article from those smarty-pants psychologists that actually confirmed this theory. Check it out: “This finding shows that clothing doesn’t just influence others, it reflects and influences the wearer’s mood too.” A-HA! So laaaaaaadies, next time you’re feeling a lil down in the dumps (Hey- it happens to all of us) refrain from poppin that Xanex and turn to the drug that is fashion blogger recommended and Anna Dello Russo approved… A FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC ensemble ;)

Vintage poncho. Vintage floral top. Free People velevet shorts. Vintage boots. F21 necklace.

Until next time,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment