Monday, March 25, 2013

Vintage in a Room of Sak's Sale Rack

The weather is warming up in SoCal and my booty shorts are coming out. I wore this saucy little number to an OC Fashion Week event at some fancy-schmancy art gallery in Laguna Beach Saturday afternoon. We stood out like patchouli in a room full of Chanel; only we were wearing vintage in a sea of Sak’s 5th Avenue Sale rack. (You know we secretly love it.) We made the most of it by sipping all the complimentary champagne we could get our pretty little paws on and gossiping about the housewives, OC socialites, and Persian mafia from afar. A perfect Saturday afternoon if you ask me. Apparently, my ensemble is not so culturally sound; as I did have a minor incident with a Vietnamese business person who was concerned at my lack of traditional Vietnamese underpinnings. “You wear with pant,” he explained, “Traditional is white pant.”

“I was goin for a little leg action,” I told him, re-enacting my best Angelina pose. “No, I make you pant,” he said matter-of-factly as he handed me his business card. I would be SO down for some flared kimono print pants a-la Wes Gordon Fall 2013…but somehow I don’t think that’s what he had in mind. Damnit. The show began and I was on a champagne induced campaign to give every model an extra boost of self-confidence. “OMG you’re so gorgeous,” I said out loud to every girl who sashayed past my front row seat. (It was my random act of kindness for the day.) Instead of staying for the after party we opted to go where our eccentric ensembles and fierce fashion sense would be loved and admired by all. Naturally, of course, we ended up at our favorite gay bar and drag dinner show, VLVT where we danced the night away to Brit-Brit, Rhi-Rhi, and Queen Bey.

Vintage kimono. F21 shorts. Vintage pumps. F21 jewelry.

Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment