Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chelsea Says Relax


Ahhh...the Cali life. We just had a full week of 80 degree weather which I filled with trips to the beach, magazines by the pool, hiking along seaside cliffs, and sippin wine by the fire pit. Mother nature always teases us with this little taste of Summer in mid-january. Now we’re back to cloudy skies, rain, ungodly 50 degree temps and a bunch of little chick-a-dees running around town in their Hunter rain boots. As an offering of thanks to the sun gods, I went out decked in my fave new beach cover up that I picked up at a Pile Sale; a sheer button down accented with a scene of life on an island tucked into some far corner of the ocean. I think there are different ways of achieving sex appeal in your look, but ya know what I think is sexiest about this particular ensemble? There’s an ease to it. The relaxed fit of the jeans, the unbuttoned, sheer top (with a peek-a-boo black bra), an understated black hat to cover up the unkempt hair, and a simple strappy sandal. I felt like I was floating through the day, simply swaying and moving wherever the breeze took me...which oddly enough was to the Gyspy Den, school, and work. Maybe next time I rock this look I’ll end up on a deserted island, far far away, with a cocktail, bikini, and a good book. Until then, dressing the part and day dreaming will have to do ;)

Vintage top. Vintage jeans. Vintage hat. Thrifted sandals. F21 bracelet and necklace.

Until Next Time,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment