Sunday, January 6, 2013

For Fashion's Sake

“Why are you so dressed up?” I wore this simple little look out last weekend and was immediately barraged with the age-old question. I’m definitely used to it by now and immediately quip back with, “Oh...I’m always dress like this.” The key is, you’ve got to say it in a way that seems to question the curious little kitty’s sanity, with undertones of, “I’m sorry, did I misunderstand? Are you trying to tell me you consider this too dressed up. Oh you do. Oh wow, isn’t that a fascinating point of view...” Except it’s not. Doesn’t anyone appreciate fashion just for the sake of fashion anymore? Shouldn’t you thank me as I walk into the room? Like, “Wow! You look so chic...thanks for brightening up the mood with your sassy knee-high socks, gorgeous suede coat trimmed with that luxuriously decadent fur, and your killer tribal necklace. It’s all so aesthetically pleasing. Chelsea, I am seriously tickled that I get to stare at this masterpiece of an ensemble during our hang-out sesh. I appreciate you taking the time to think of inspiring others with your style.” Ya...except no one ever says that to me. Ya know, Britt and I always give credit where credit is so clearly due. Like when we see a chick-a-dee in a fierce outfit we typically stop her and commend her for her superior style. Just to be all like, GIRL power and sh!t. Try it...it always makes that person’s day a bit brighter.

Vintage LBD. Vintage coat. Haus of Ladjevardi necklace. Target socks. H&M booties.

Until next time,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment